Tri City Emergency Services
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11/23/14 Engine-17

4 posters

Go down

11/23/14 Engine-17 Empty 11/23/14 Engine-17

Post by L.Campbell Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:20 pm

" Engine-17 respond to Quartz and Ball st to the baseball diamond for a 40 y/o male down, unknown chief complaint. caller is stating he is gasping for air and combative. Engine-17 you will be responding on tac-17 and your time out is 11:19 "
L.Campbell
L.Campbell
Admin

Back to top Go down

11/23/14 Engine-17 Empty Re: 11/23/14 Engine-17

Post by J. Floan Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:20 pm

* we pull out onto TC Blvd and as usual we are hit with a ton of traffic. Rich winds the Q and we go to the opposite side, traffic is oncoming and not stopping as they should. *

' Rich just take her slow they will get out of the way lol. we are the bigger boot. '
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

https://tces.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Davis Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:08 pm

' I gotta say im lovin this new rig cap. '

* watching Richard swerve in and out of traffic makes me glad im not a driver. we continue up toward Crescent. I look out the window and realize I no longer have to roll my hand. I push the down button and the window lowers automatically. I laugh for a moment then watch as we make our turn onto crescent. *
T.Davis
T.Davis

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:26 pm

* We start to pull closer to the baseball field. Rich kills the siren but keeps the lights going. I look over and see a person waving frantically at us. *

' you know rich im no expert but I think she is telling us we are in the right place. '

* we all laugh for a moment then I wave back to her. Rich pulls us up to the parking drop off point and comes to a stop. *

" Fire, Engine-17 is on scene. "

* I take my headset off and step out of the truck. turning back inside I grab my clipboard and pen while Brian and Ty get the gear and quickly rush over to the patient. *
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B.O'Flynn Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:31 am

* The engine comes to a stop. I remove my headset and open my door. Stepping out I notice a large crowd gathered in a circle with a couple of people screaming. I walk around to the back of the engine to get the trauma kit and the drug box, I notice ty with a bottle of o2 and the hospital phone. we both start walking quickly over to the field with the captain close behind us. *
B.O'Flynn
B.O'Flynn

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Davis Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:52 am

* Brian and I walk up to the patient who is gasping for air and flailing around on the ground. his face is turning a pale/blue'ish color and he is grabbing his throat and everything else around him. I kneel down next to him. *

' Sir, are you choking? Sir, Are you choking???. '

* he nods yes fast, I notice his eyes look as though they are about to pop out of his head with fear, Brian sets the equipment down and we both stand him up fast, I get behind him and place my fist at the bottom of his sternum between his ribs, I place my other hand over and forcefully push up at an angle into him. I repeat this process 54 or 5 times before something comes up. Brian tells me to stop, while the man coughs up what looks like an enormous wad of gum and tobacco. He takes a Large breath then passes out. *

' Oh shit, really dude. '

* Brian and I lay him down. *

' Well this is unexpected, lts get a set of vitals and start him on o2. '
T.Davis
T.Davis

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:20 am

* By the time I get over to the scene the patient has expelled the item out of his mouth and is laying unconscious on the ground. I start to get out my pen and take a couple notes before asking around for any family members. One boy comes forward and says the man is his father. *

' ok How old are you son?. '

boy: 7 that is my dad. is he ok?
me: yea he is going to be fine now, we still need to get him to the hospital though, just to check him out.

* I start taking down some information from his wallet that his son hands me. *

' Alright little man, here is his ID and wallet back. we are going to be taking him to St Eva's. just around the corner there. '

* the boy nods and I start walking over back towards the engine to set down the clipboard. *
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B.O'Flynn Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:57 pm

* as soon as we lay him back down he regains consciousness. *

man: um uh what happened.

me: you passed out are you ok?.

man: yea um I think so I don't know why I would have passed out.

me: well you were choking so maybe the rush of that first breath, im not sure but I think it would be a good idea to get you to the hospital and get you checked out. just to be safe.
man: no no no im ok I need to get back to coaching the game.

me: are you sure?. its not a problem to get you taken care of. just to be on the safe side I would really feel better.

man: well thank you for your concern but im going to be fine now, thank you for helping me there. I couldn't get that out of my mouth for some reason.

me: well might not be a good idea to combine chew and gum at the same time.

* the man laughs and stands up with our help. The ambulance pulls up behind and I wave to it that we are clear. their lights shut off and the continue off on their way. *

' alright ty, I guess that's that. '

* I start carrying some of the gear back to the engine to get ready to leave. *
B.O'Flynn
B.O'Flynn

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:52 pm

* Having the patient refuse treatment there is nothing left for us to do so we start walking back to the engine. I finish getting my turnout pants set into my boots and put them behind my in the back seat by ty and brains seats. I put the portable on the dash and walk back to the ball field as the rest of the guys pile into the engine. I see the father now up and coaching again and figure alls well that ends well. I climb aboard the brand new engine and get my headset on. *

" Fire, Coronado Engine-17 is clear returning to station. "

' alright Rich, lets move out. '

* He starts us away from the ball field and onto crescent again heading back to the station. *
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down