Tri City Emergency Services
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2/23/18 Structure Fire

+7
T.Davis
J.Sanchez
N.Ocean
B.O'Flynn
D.Purcell
J. Floan
L.Campbell
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2/23/18 Structure Fire - Page 2 Empty Re: 2/23/18 Structure Fire

Post by N. Brondum Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:38 pm

*I listen to the call go out and I get up. I walk out of the living area and stop a second as I see everyone running to the truck. It's good to be back. I run over to the officer side of the old midmount and put my bunker pants on. I pull my hood from the grab bar and slide it over my head before I put my coat on. I climb into the truck, fasten my coat, slide my hood down, put my gloves on my leg, and put my seatbelt on as we roll out. I let Floan call both of us responding as I grab my portable and switch it over to the fire ground channel so I can hear the first due units as they arrive plus the dispatch channel over the truck radio. I listen to the call, and the adrenaline gets flowing when I hear the victims trapped. I put my air pack on, tighten the straps, and hit the PTT on my headset.*

'Victims trapped and it's a worker. Time to do some real truck work, guys.'

*A few minutes later we arrive as we Addington places the truck where we can access the upper floors with the bucket.*

"Truck 17 on the scene."

*I pull the release cord on the SCBA bracket and grab my helmet as I step out. As I'm getting ready to head over to command, Floan comes up and tells me that we're laddering the building. I didn't talk to command, so I'm hesitant, but I'm not going to let someone burn to a crisp while I wait for clarification, so I toss my baseball cap on my seat and put my helmet on as I walk the few steps back to the turntable.*

"Truck 17's going to be laddering the 4th floor on the Alpha side."

*I don't hear any objections, so I guess we're good. Floan and the engine crew insist on going up first, so I wait at the turntable as they get in the bucket. Once they make their entry, I climb up the ladder along with Langley. The two of us wait in the basket while the engine does their search. I continue to use a roof hook to sound the floor in front of us because we are operating above the fire. As the engine crew comes out, I take each of the victims from them and I sit them down against the basket walls. I crouch down with them and try to keep them calm as we head down to the ground. I key the mic as Langley works the controls for the basket.*

"Truck 17 basket to Los Alamitos Command and Medics 11 and 17 , I have two victims coming down."

*We get to the ground and I swing the basket door open as we help the medic units get the patients on a stretcher. We then put the basket down on the ground and I step out of the basket. I'm getting ready to walk over to command to get in a face to face when I hear that we're sent back up.*

"Truck 17 copies. We're heading up, Command."

*I turn to the guys as they all head for the ventilation equipment. We get roof hooks, a pickhead, a water can, the roof saw, and the K-12. I take one of the saws from Addington as Langley and I step into the basket again. I put my equipment on the bottom of the basket after I close the door. I clip my rope belt to the interior railing of the basket as I put my mask on. I stand up once I've got my helmet secured again. We we arrive at the roof, we sound it with the ax before I step onto the roof.*

"Truck 17's on the roof in the Bravo Charlie Corner."

*I keep sounding the roof as we work to where the fire appears to be.*

'All right, I think this is it. Let's cut it.'

*I watch as he cuts an inspection hole. Plenty of smoke comes out, and a little fire. So we're in a good place. I let Langley start cutting the rest of the hole as I watch the rest of the roof. Some of the other truck companies are getting on the roof and starting to cut in other areas of the roof. Guess we lost this building. I keep watching for the smoke and fire conditions as well as watch Langley as he cuts. I take a step back and gently grab his air bottle as he gets closer to me. Once he's about done with the cut, I use the hook to push the roof material down into the hole. Plenty of smoke and fire comes out as I look over the rest of the crews. We start working our way back to the truck on the Alpha Bravo corner and I figure that we'll cut there also. As we work our way back, we start relatively the same process. I key the mic once that hole is finished.*

"Truck 17 to Los Alamitos Command, we have ventilation cut on the Bravo Charlie and the Alpha Bravo corners."
N. Brondum
N. Brondum

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Morrison Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:39 pm

* The truck crews hand off their victims to us. I take one and 11's take another. *

'Brittany, check her vitals please. '

* I start cutting away the burned clothing on her and immediately start opening up the drug box and trauma kit to get ready. Brittany starts entering the vitals into the PDA and I spike a bag of ringers. *

Me: Ma'am, what's your name, can you tell me where it hurts the most?.

* she does not answer me at all but instead moans as we begin to do our secondary survey on her. I look over at 11's as they continue to work on their patient. Brittany finds a vein and inserts the cath in. I pop the tub and attach it tot he cath and open the IV up wide. *

' I'm gonna make this pain go away ok, this should make u feel better. '

* I push 2mg of MS through her IV and get her on some O2. *
J.Morrison
J.Morrison
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Purcell Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:00 pm

" Yea, 23 copies 17, we are coming up behind u now. "

* I reach John's men and tap him on the shoulder. We both take a knee while Mark starts to open his line up and attack the fire with 17's crew. *

' Lovely night for a fire huh, Hey we'll take the left side of the hallway if u wanna take the right and we will work our way down. '

* He nods and we continue our attack down the hallway. *
D.Purcell
D.Purcell
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B.O'Flynn Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:24 pm

* Ty and I begin our attack on the fire. john directs us to the right of the hallway. I begin to wave the hose right to left at the ceiling. we advance slowly taking a knee every couple feet to make sure the fire doesn't continue to run the ceiling. Tyrell taps my shoulder to stop advancing and look right. I do so to see the one apartment is heavily involved. I move the hose to the right and start my attack on that particular apartment. *
B.O'Flynn
B.O'Flynn

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Sanchez Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:49 pm

" DC-1 Copies Truck-17, continue your final cuts then clear the crews off the roof. Report any changes to structural integrity. "
J.Sanchez
J.Sanchez

Back to top Go down

Post by N. Brondum Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:41 pm

"Truck 1-7 copies."

*I look at the guys as we start putting our equipment back in the basket as I watch the rest of the guys working on the other sides of the roof. I give a thumbs up to the guys from Truck 11 as they start to make their way off of the roof. I see Truck 7 still working on the opposite corner of the roof from us as I look over to them and shout.*

'Hey 7! YOU GOOD?'

*They look up as I can see the fire is getting much worse below us. I get ready to make my way to them, sounding the roof in front of me with the pickhead. I feel the roof collapse under the weight of the ax.*

'Man, shit on this.'

*I get ready to turn around as I yell back to the other truck company.*

'Hey! GET OFF NOW!'

*I watch as they look up. I point back to their stick.*

'GET OFF THE ROOF!'

*I watch as they turn around and head down as I turn around and start walking back as I key the mic.*

"Truck 17 to Los Alamitos Command, *breathe* the roof integrity is compromised. *Breathe* We're evacuating the roof. I have Truck 11 *breathe* off of the roof already. *breathe* Truck 7 and Truck 1-7 will be off shortly."

*I keep sounding the roof as I'm walking off. This is definitely increasing the pucker factor. I get back to the basket and I climb in. I shine my light through the smoke coming through the vent holes as I see Truck 7 is clear. As we start coming off of the roof, I key the mic.*

"Truck 1-7 to Los Alamitos Command *Breathe* All crews are clear of the roof."

*I take my helmet, hood, and mask off as Langley moves us back to the ground. We step off of the ladder and I walk over to Command.*

'Hey Chief. We're clear of the roof. Where do you need us?'
N. Brondum
N. Brondum

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:26 pm

* I hear the trucks radio report and stop all crews. *

" Engine-17 to DC-1, Ceiling looks in tact on the 4th, We are going to continue our attack. "

* I motion to the guys to continue to advance on the fire. *
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

https://tces.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by M.Moore Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:54 pm

* walk forward and post a knee and widen my spray. *

' looks like we are making progress. Keep pushing forward. '

* We advance to the left, as more doors open more fire shows. The ceiling looks much better now though, as burned as it is, its better than having the fire run the ceiling. *

M.Moore
M.Moore

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:53 pm

* As we advance on the hallway and begin going room to room search we notice the fire is beginning to die down drastically. We are able to walk down the hallway now looking for flares. *

' Wow this one was bad. Everybody ok?'

* I look around at my crew who all looked wiped out. Tyrell shuts the hose down and we start walking comfortably knowing the bulk of the fire is out. *

" Engine-17 Actual to DC-1 Fire is at knockdown on the 4th. "

* I take my mask off and pull my hood off I use it to wipe my head clean and then I put my cover back on before looking around again. *
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Sanchez Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:47 pm

" DC-1 Copies Engine-17 knockdown on the 4th......Break........DC-1 to fire. Fire at this time is at Knockdown.......Morrington units can clear, Squad-24 you can clear, All other units remain.....Truck-17 head to the 4th floor and begin Overhaul. Truck-11 Begin Overhaul on the 3rd. "

* I take my cover off and set it on my suburban then I lean against it looking at the burned out building in front of me. *
J.Sanchez
J.Sanchez

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Morrison Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:43 am

* With our patient as stable as she can be for the situation she is in I tell Brittany to go grab the stretcher. She wheels it over and together we load her onto it. We walk quickly to the RA and load her in the back. Brittany closes the back doors and I get on the radio with Dominguez *

" Dominguez Control, Coronado Medic-17 with you on 2 Charlie. We are en-route with a 29 year old female with 3rd degree burns to her extremities. She is semi-conscious. We have an IV in with 2mg MS IVP. please refer to the PDA transmission for further vitals and stats. Our ETA is 6 Minutes. "

* Brittany starts to drive off taking us to the hospital. *

' Brit, lets go 3 please'

* She turns on the lights and siren and starts to move quicker.*

" Fire, Medic-17 to Dominguez, Code 3 transport. "
J.Morrison
J.Morrison
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N. Brondum Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:46 am

*I nod as I hear us assigned to overhaul.*

'You got it, Chief.'

*I walk over to my guys again and I sigh.*

'All right, we're going up to four and doing overhaul. Let's get it.'

*I grab the roof hook that we were using for roof operations before grabbing the TIC from inside the cab. I step into the basket with Damon and we head up to the fourth floor. We get to the same sill where we helped take the victims down from the engine as I sound the floor again and step into the room. I scan around with the TIC and don't see anything really of interest as I walk through the room and out into the hallway. I see the engine guys there, and they look like they got their asses kicked.*

'Hey guys. We're going to start opening some of the stuff up. You guys good?'

*They nod as we start in the room on the far corner from where we entered. I scan around with the TIC and going along the wall, feeling with my exposed left hand. I find some spots up in the corner of the wall and the ceiling that are warm, so I let the TIC fall around my shoulder on its strap as I take the roof hook and poke it up into the ceiling. I pull it down, trying to catch some of the sheetrock and pull that down. I get out of the way and let the engine crew knock that down as I keep doing around that particular apartment. Once I'm confident that we have that knocked down, we head to the next apartment and continue through the entire floor. Most of the fire is obviously out, but overhauling a building of this size certainly isn't a cakewalk. After probably half an hour, we've completed going through one time, so I use the TIC and my hand again to sweep the entire floor again, using the TIC to make sure that the ceiling is clear. I head back to the engine guys in the far apartment.*

'All right, I think we're good.'
N. Brondum
N. Brondum

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:26 pm

* I pat Nick on the shoulder as we head out of the 4th floor and down the stairs to the Command post. As I pass the engine I drop my tank on the ground as do the rest of the guys. I take my cover and turnout coat off and set them next to my tank. *

' Alright guys, lets pack up I'm gonna see the chief '

* The guys start loading their gear back onto the truck as I walk up to the chief so he can release us. *
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B.O'Flynn Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:24 pm

* Ugh, I sit on the ground and take off my pack. I take off my bunker coat, my helmet, and unstrap my suspenders. *

' wow Ty, what a rush man, that was fun. '

* Rich comes around and hand us a water each. I drink a quick swig then pour the rest over my head. the water is really cold which feels amazing. *

' thanks rich, here, we'll help get things in order. '

* We both stand up and start helping drag the hose lines into a nice even line for rolling. *
B.O'Flynn
B.O'Flynn

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:57 pm

* I walk up to the chief and shake his hand. *

' Engine-17 reporting in '

* We both laugh for a minute then he clears us from the call. I shake his hand his hand one last time and walk back to my crew who are busy rolling lines *

' Ok boys we are clear here. Let's wrap it up and head on out '
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Sanchez Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:05 pm

" DC-1 to Fire, at this time we are confirming Knockdown. Truck-17, truck-11 remain on scene, All other units can clear. DC-1 will be clearing, Truck-17 assume command of scene. "
J.Sanchez
J.Sanchez

Back to top Go down

Post by T.Davis Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:22 pm

' Alright Bry, lets get this done and go to sleep. '

* We begin to roll the hoses squeezing the remaining water out of them as we go, Rich helps us to get done quicker. *
T.Davis
T.Davis

Back to top Go down

Post by D.Purcell Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:38 pm

* Mark, Brad and I come out of the building. We walk back to our engine after hearing we can clear and drop our gear. *

' Fuck It let them keep the hoses, lets just go back '

* We all laugh then start to get out hoses in order to be relayed back on the truck *
D.Purcell
D.Purcell
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:05 pm

* I climb aboard the engine after all the hoses are rolled and stored away. I put my headset on and lean back, Engine-51 is responding to a new call and I listen to Hank's comments. *

' Sucks to be them right now. '

* The guys are too tired to chuckle as Rich starts the engine up and turns the emergency lights off. He slowly drives around the remaining units and onto the main street. *

" Engine-17 clear, returning to station. "
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N. Brondum Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:06 pm

*I look around with the rest of the guys a few more times before I sigh and hear Command's comments clearing everyone but us.*

"Truck 17 Copies, assuming Los Alamitos command."

*I look around at the rest of the guys again.*

'Let's see if 11 needs help downstairs.'

*I head down the starts to them and walk through. I see three or four guys pulling ceiling and checking for any extensions.*

Me: 'Hey guys, you need anything?'

11 CPT: 'We're good. If you guys don't mind, we got the two far apartments still to do.'

Me: 'All right, we'll get it.'

*I walk back with my guys as we start checking the two far apartments. Everything looks good back there, especially after we open up a wall or two and give it some hits with the can. We check 11's area and they check ours and we both agree that everything is out. I shake the hands of their guys and head downstairs. I put my equipment down by my door I take my helmet off and put that glove off and toss them on the seat. Next, I take my bunker coat on the ground of the truck, pack my hood and gloves, in my pocket, and then I put my coat on my seat and my helmet on the dashboard. I climb up into the truck and I put the TIC back on its charger. I key the mic as I step down, leaving my door open. I look at PD who has mostly secured the scene and there isn't much that we can do here, so I key the mic.*

"Fire from Los Alamitos Command, we have overhaul complete at this time. Trucks 11 and Truck 17 will be available shortly."

*I walk back with the guys and put the hooks and the irons up and I walk around, making sure that they got everything put away. I look at the guys and raise a thumbs up.*

'We got everything?'

*The guys nod as I head over to Truck 11.*

'Hey, you guys good?'

*They nod and I key the mic as I walk back over to the truck.*

"Truck 17 is going to be clear, Returning to Quarters, Fire."

*I climb into the truck and clip the mic back to the dash and I flip the portable back over to the dispatch channel as we head back to quarters.*
N. Brondum
N. Brondum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2