Tri City Emergency Services
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9/5/15 Truck-17 + County

3 posters

Go down

9/5/15 Truck-17 + County  Empty 9/5/15 Truck-17 + County

Post by L.Campbell Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:07 pm

**** Truck-17 respond to 9480 W. Old Town Square, this will be an out of district response for a 2nd alarm to assist with a working building fire. Units on scene are County BC-34, Engine and truck-108, Engine 231 and Tender-1.....Truck-17 your time out is 1809 and you will be responding on county blue-3. ****
L.Campbell
L.Campbell
Admin

Back to top Go down

9/5/15 Truck-17 + County  Empty Re: 9/5/15 Truck-17 + County

Post by N. Brondum Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:58 pm

*As I hear the call, I get up and head to the truck. I get my bunker pants on and turn to the rest of the guys as Chuck gets up into engineer's seat. I turn to the rear of the rig and I see the detailed guy getting into the tiller's spot. I toss my bunker coat on and climb in and nod to Chuck. We head out as I key the mic.*

"Fire from Truck 17... We're responding."

*I mark us responding on the MDC as we head out and toward the County. I lean back in my seat and start doing my bunker coat snaps as we enjoy the long Code 3 response.*
N. Brondum
N. Brondum

Back to top Go down

Post by N. Brondum Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:52 pm

*As we turn pull into the County, I see the smoke.*

'Guess that would confirm the working fire thing...'

*I start formulating a plan for when we arrive on the scene and then pass it onto the guys.*

'All right guys. Because they already have a truck on the scene, we'll see where they need us. Because they have a tender out there does not sound good, but we'll see. They've got two engines out there, so it must be something big. We'll see when we get there. Let's go ahead and set the truck up where we can raise the aerial if we have to. Questions?'

*While I'm going over the game plan, I work to get my SCBA on. Once I get the straps adjusted, I leave it in the bracket as I enjoy the last few seconds before we arrive. I mark us on the scene and key the mic.*

"Fire... Truck 17... We're on scene. We have a large strip mall fire."

*I hit the release on the bracket and get out of the truck. I walk over to the chief who is looking over the entire scene.*

Me: 'Chief, City Truck 17. What can we do for you?'

Chief: 'We've got a fire that spread from one store to the two next to it. We've done a search and we didn't find anyone, so we're going defensive. There is no water supply on the North side of the building, so we've got the tender doing shuttle runs for Engine 231. Go ahead and take your aerial to the rear and go up and do some defensive operations. I just sent Engine 177 back there. They'll get you guys a feed.'

Me: 'Got it chief.'

*I walk back to the truck and I see Chuck and my detailed guy looking at me.*

'All right guys, orders from the top, head to the rear of the building and do defensive ops. County Engine 177's gonna meet us back there.'

*We climb back into the truck and pull out of the parking lot and to the rear of the building. As we pull in front of Engine 177, I get out again and look at the rig. I make sure that we're outside of the collapse zone before we get out and set up the truck. I walk over to the County captain and start talking about what we're doing while Chuck raises the aerial and the engine crew gets us a feed. We look to the building and I notice a dumpster and a bunch of debris next to it. The two of us grab hooks off of the Truck and start to pull the bags away from the dumpster to try and stop any exposures. I make sure to look up and make sure that nothing is going to collapse on us.*
N. Brondum
N. Brondum

Back to top Go down

Post by N. Brondum Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:06 pm

*As the Engine captain and I complete pulling the trash bags away, we notice that large 55 gallon drums are present behind the building. Even though we don't know what is inside of the drums, their contents cannot be helpful if they are punctured or exposed to the heat. I look to him and we quickly determine that we had better move them and alert command to their presence. As he gets his crew together, I key the mic while heading to the truck to get the rope bag in case we have to pull them away with the ropes.*

"Old Town Command from City Truck 17. Be advised, in the rear of the building, we have five large 55 gallon drums with unknown contents. We are going to attempt to move them at this time to prevent any exposure."

*I walk back to the guys and I see the three guys from the engine and me ready to move them.*

'All right gents. We have no idea what is inside those drums or if there even is anything inside them. But whatever it is, it can't be good. Let's roll them and see if we can roll them to the opposite side of the street.'

*I leave the rope bag where we are standing and head over to the building. I again glance up to make sure that there is no collapse risk yet and then I see the barrels actually touching the building. I step to one side, and we roll the first barrel onto its side. It falls rather fast and there is no clang, signifying that they are empty, so I'm assuming that something is inside. I get behind the first barrel and arch my back as I begin to roll the barrel to the opposite side of the street. Once I get mine to the side of the street, I watch and make sure to stay out of the way of two more guys as they roll their barrels to the side of the street. the five of us continue until we move all five barrels to the side of the street. I shake the guys hands and then key the mic back.*

"City Truck 17 to Old Town Command, be advised- we have moved the five barrels to the opposite side of the street at this time. We are continuing our defensive operations at this time."

*I walk back to the rear of the truck were Chuck is working with the detailed guy at the tip of the ladder. I look to Chuck and hit him on the shoulder and then key the mic.*

"Truck 17 Brondum to Truck 17 tip, if you want, I'll come up and relieve you up there."
N. Brondum
N. Brondum

Back to top Go down

Post by C. Davis Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:01 pm

*From the top of the aerial, I hit the fire as thick black smoke still blinds my visibility. Then I hear Nick over the mic. I key my mic and respond.*

'Where do you need me down there? I'm fine unless you need me somewhere else.'
C. Davis
C. Davis

Back to top Go down

Post by N. Brondum Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:30 pm

"Negative Truck 17 Davis. I was just offering to relieve you. Uhh, how are we doing up there?"

*I wait for a response from the tip of the ladder as I watch the smoke. I hope that we won't be out for a while, but I'm starting to think that we will. I head off of the turntable and walk over to the guys from the engine crew as we stand around, trying to see what else we can do.*
N. Brondum
N. Brondum

Back to top Go down

Post by N. Brondum Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:01 pm

*Once Chuck tells me that he's got a good knock down and is wrapping it up, I key the mic to pass it onto the chief.*

Me: "City Truck 17 to Old Town Command."

IC: "Go 17."

Me: "Chief, we've knocked down the fire from the aerial. What else can we do for you."

IC: "Truck 17, go ahead and clear. County can handle."

Me: "Copy. Thank you, chief."

*The engine crew and I keep talking as I wait for Chuck to give the all clear and come down. When he does, I walk over to the cab and start to put my air pack back into its bracket while the guys take down the ladder. I leave my helmet and bunker coat inside the cab and then walk back were I see the engine guys detaching their feed from us. I put away the hooks that we took out as Chuck rebeds the ladder. Once we finish, I look around and make sure that we have everything and then climb into the cab. I put my headset on and look to Chuck just before he leaves.*

'Got everything?'

*When I get confirmation, I nod.*

'All right, cool. Let's go and see the chief before we blast outta here.'

*We pull around the scene, maneuvering the 1mammoth 8 wheeler rather easily. I roll my window down and pull my headset down.*

Me: 'Chief, we're gonna clear. Anything else we can do for you?'

Chief: 'Nope. Thanks guys.'

Me: 'Thank you, Chief.'

*As we pull away again, I put my headset back on and then roll my window up. I mark us available on the MDC and key the mic.*

"Fire from Truck 17... We're available, returning to quarters."

*I put the mic back as dispatch copies. I look out at the evening and sigh as we head back into the city.*
N. Brondum
N. Brondum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down