Tri City Emergency Services
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8/19/15 Truck-17

3 posters

Go down

8/19/15 Truck-17 Empty 8/19/15 Truck-17

Post by L.Campbell Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:34 pm

Truck-17 respond to the area of Rim of the world dr and Kroeger for the smell of smoke. Unknown origin and only one caller reporting at this time. Truck-17 your time out will be 0900 and you will be responding on Tac-2

(( Let this call go where you want it to. check the city map for the area and follow whatever you want to do. Make it as large or as small as you want but remember big calls tend to breed big problems. If necessary, station 12 and 11 will be godmodded as well as any assisting units from county. ))
L.Campbell
L.Campbell
Admin

Back to top Go down

8/19/15 Truck-17 Empty Re: 8/19/15 Truck-17

Post by N. Brondum Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:32 am

*As I'm in my office talking to McGarrett, I hear the call go out for us, so I jump up and walk out to the bay.*

'Let's chat after this call, huh?'

*As we reach the rig, I pull my bunker pants and coat on before I climb into the rig. I put the headset on top of my baseball cap and grab the MDC. I mark us responding and key the mic.*

"Fire, Truck 17 is going to be responding."

*As we get ready to pull out, I hear Roy come over the headset and call himself ready, so we hit it. I start thinking about the call as we clear Crenshaw and get onto Tri City Blvd. Single caller, morning... Probably not legit, but you never know.*
N. Brondum
N. Brondum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:54 pm

*I hear a call come out and whatever I was going to ask slipped my mind as I started focusing on getting ready. I follow Nick to the bay area and find my bunker gear. I slip into the pants and boots before jumping into the rig. I pull my coat on and wait to leave.

*Something about the call made me feel weird. Maybe since it was my first one with Tri City or it was the nature of the call. Either way, I put myself into the right mindset, making sure distracting thoughts weren't getting in the way.*

Back to top Go down

Post by N. Brondum Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:53 pm

*As we roll up Tri-City blvd, I turn to Steve.*

'Let's cut down Kroeger and see if we can find it.'

*I roll down the window and key the mic.*

"Fire... Truck 17's in the area. We'll be out of service, investigating. Do you have any information on the RP?"

*I know it's probably a long shot, but I might as well take a shot. I mark us in the area and start trying to smell smoke while looking around for any sign of smoke. As we turn onto Ball, I catch a very light whiff.*

'I smell that, you guys?'

*As we turn onto Rim of the World, I see a very light white puff.*

'Gotta be right there.'

"Fire from Truck 17, we have possible smoke at this location. Updated location is going to be at.. 1032 Rim of the World. Show Truck 17 on scene."

*I get out of the rig as Steve brings us to a stop. I look at the smoke and figure that it can't be much, so I leave the SCBA in its bracket and grab my helmet. I only put my helmet on top of my baseball cap and I leave my coat unbuttoned.*

'McGarrett, grab the can for me. This doesn't look like much, so we should be able to handle it.'

*I walk up to the gate and open it up, heading into a back yard area.*
N. Brondum
N. Brondum

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Floan Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:18 pm

( Ladies and gentlemen, there is a Time limit on this. Yes as Loraine said you can make this as large or small as you want but this WILL be completed by Monday. none of this dragging out and we lost focus on what the call was to begin with. )
J. Floan
J. Floan
Admin

https://tces.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by N. Brondum Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:50 pm

(Aye, Captain.)

*As we walk through the the gate, I look around and see a guy with a garden hose spraying water on a bush.  I turn to my crew and raise an eyebrow before yelling to him.*

Me: 'Sir, this is the Fire Department.  We got a report of smoke in the area...'

Man: 'Yes.  That'd be me.  I was trying to do some ward work...'

*I turn to McGarrett and motion to the remnants of the bush that are still burning so she can hit it with the can.*

Me: 'Okay...  Yard work...'

Man: 'Well, there were some rats in the bush.'

Me: 'So how'd the tree catch on fire?'

Man: 'Well, the rats were originally in the bush and when it set it on fire, the rats caught on fire and ran into the tree.'

*I try to contain myself from laughing, but I manage to only give off a smile.*

'You were trying to get some rats out of a bush, they caught on fire, and then they caught the tree on fire?'

*The guy confirms, so I shake my head.*

'Probably not the smartest thing to do...'

"Fire from Truck-17, show us available."

*I watch as McGarrett finishes up with the bush fire and then turn to the guy.*

'All right, I'm gonna give you a pass on this one.  If you do something stupid like that again, the police are gonna get involved and you're going to jail.  Have a nice day, sir.'

*I walk back to the rig and take my bunker coat off.  I put my helmet on the dash and shut the door.*

'Let's get out of there, but I can still hold: God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.'
N. Brondum
N. Brondum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down