Tri City ER

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tri City ER

Post by R.Bender on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:22 am

This is the ER located in the heart of the Tri Cities. It is a level 1 trauma center and also the main center for just about every type of patient that EMS runs. Post here radio reports and actions en-route and on arrival in the ER.
R.Bender

Back to top Go down

Re: Tri City ER

Post by R.Bender on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:49 am

* As we go down the road I check the patient to see how they are doing. I notice that his breathing is starting to decline. I look at the other medic quickly.*
' I think we are going to need that ET tube hes going down.' * Then he turns to the EMT up front and asks how far are we*
' I will grab another set off the EKG to see the patient depression.'
B/P: 90/70 pulse: 55 weak Resp: 8 Eyes: Dilated and slow to react.
* I quickly grab the radio and the EMT yells back that we are 7 minutes out. So I call the ER.*

" Tri City ER this is Medic-12 have traffic....
Medic-12 this is Tri City ER go ahead with traffic.
This is Reagan from Squad 31 aboard Medic-12 we have approx. mid 30's male that was involved in an Pedestrian vs. Car. Patient is reponsive to Pain at this is with a current vital set of B/P: 90/70 Pulse 55 and thready, Resp: 8 Eyes: Dilated and slow to react.
We currently have the patient fully immobilized, and line in the right AC of LR and monitoring on the EKG.
We have no further information on the patient and are ETA is now 5 minutes any further questions orders?

Medic-12 we copy room will be Trauma 1 see you when you get here."

About 4 minutes later......
* We come up to the ER parking for EMS and the medic comes to a stop. We come blaring out the back and I turn and help the patient out and we head inside. I see the entire trauma running around and think this ER must be a madhouse when they get multiple GSW here, then a nurse comes up and helps get the into the bay. As we walk I give my report and they pull him into the bay and they quickly get the intubation started and they prep him to go upstairs.*
Nurse: Here is your guys face sheet and run number
Me: alright thank you, oh where is your guys store room here?
Nurse: its out by the Ambulance entrance make sure you sign out what you take and what department.
Me: thanks
* I grab the radio and put us in service and then sign out some more NS and LR for are kit. After that I head out to the squad and get ready to leave.*

R.Bender

Back to top Go down

Post by H.Stanley on Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:03 pm

* As we pull up to the ER Jose is already there waiting. He climbs into the front seat as Jay gets out and climbs into his seat in the back. *

" Fire.....Engine-11 is available En-Route to Station-17 for Meeting. "

* Jose pulls us out of the hospital parking area and westart driving towards headquarters. *

H.Stanley

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Bosco on Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:12 pm

"MEMS-2 to TCM"

"TCM go ahead"

"Afternoon this is Bosco on MEMS-2 we are enroute non-emergent with a 91 y/o female pt. Pt is coming from the Ponderosa Senior Living. Pt, is complaining of general weakness and dizziness. I dohave a IV started, 20 Guage cath in left A/C 1000 N/S TKO. Vitals are B/P 90/80 ,Pluse 85, Pulse Ox was showing about 89% percent room air. Patient is on 2 L/M via N/C. We are transporting in position of comfort. We have an eta of about three to five minutes. Do you have any further questions or orders?"

"Negative see you on arrival"

(five mins minutes later) *Nathan opens the rear doors and we walk the cot into the hospital. We are directed to Room 3 and I give my report to the nurse.*

*I finish my PCR and head back to the truck*

"MEMS-2 is back available and enroute quaters."

J. Bosco

Back to top Go down

Post by N. Brondum on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:04 pm

"10 copies."
*I pull a report out and fold it and place it into my pocket. I run back to Austin.*
'Structure fire, c'mon!'
*I run back out and pull my suspenders on and Ross my coat on before getting onto the truck.*
"10 responding to that structure fire."
N. Brondum

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Bosco on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:32 pm

"Metro Medic 2 to TCM"

"TCM go ahead"

"Afternoon this is Bosco on Metro Medic-2 we are enroute emergent with a 95 y/o male pt. Pt is coming from home. Pt, has been diagnosed with CHF, does have an extensive heart history. I also do have a meds list on board. I do have a IV started, 18 Guage cath in left A/C 1000 N/S BOLUS. Vitals are B/P 70/45 ,Pluse 35, Pulse ox wasn't showing a O2 Sat, I do have the patient intubated and breathing for the patient with a BVM. We are transporting in position of comfort. We have an eta of about three to five minutes. Do you have any further questions or orders?"

(five mins minutes later) *Nathan opens the rear doors and we walk the cot into the hospital. We are directed to Room 5 and I give my report to the nurse.*

*The paramedic tech pulls me aside and asks*

'What do you think?'

'He's done, he said he wanted us to help him. But, he's in the last stages of CHF, I don't think he will last much longer.'

*I see the wife and granddaughters walking in. I point them in the direction of his room.*

J. Bosco

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Morrison on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:08 pm

* As we all walk in Brondum is immediatly met with a Wheelchair which he reluctantly sits in. *

' Be careful with this one, he is a pistol. '

* I shake my head and go to the nurses station to hand the chart to them. Brittany laughs and goes back to the ambulance to clean it out and change the o2 Bottle for a new one. *
J.Morrison
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N. Brondum on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:44 pm

*The doctors take a set of vitals and give me o2. After a few minutes, I walk back out to the engine.*
N. Brondum

Back to top Go down

Post by R.Bender on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:55 am

* We get settled in the back and the lifeline medic gets the EKG setup and I grab the ALS meds and get ready with some Fentanyl ready to help the patient and then I look at some of the cuts to see if any are bleeding I find that alot of the cuts aren't deep but they arent needing attention.*
' Alright code 3 to TCER please.'
* I grab the radio*
" TC ER this is Lifeline 92..... Go ahead 92....
TC this Reagan from Squad 31 aboard 92 we are enroute to your location with a approx 20 Y/O male that was involved in an Mountain Lion attack, patient is responsive to painful stimuli, we have a BP of 100/70 pul: 60 eyes: equal. Currently patient is fully immobilized and we are controlling any major bleeding, we have bilat IO with LR and NS in and patient is on O2 at 15/lpm via NRB, we are preparing to deliver pain medication of Fentanyl. We are currently about 10 minutes out any further questions or orders?.
92 go ahead and administer the pain meds and revise if condition has an extreme change room will be Trauma 3 see you when you get here."
* We give the meds and about 5 minutes later we arrive in the ER ambulance lot and we pull in and I grab the IO bags from the top of the roof, we get the patient in and into his room and I see the trauma doc waiting for us to finish are report.*
Doc: why did you guys starts IO's?
Me: We couldnt find a good IV access so we went with IO's because of the condition that he could have been in, and how far we were from here.
Doc: Why not St Evas then? they were closer.
Me: Because you guys can handle it a whole lot better.
* After we finish, he walks off shaking his head and trying not to start yelling i look at Mark.*
' Must not be having a good day lets get out of here before we lose something.'
* We head out to the Squad.*
" Fire.....Squad-31 available on air enroute to 17 for supplies"
' Lets go say hi shall we.'

R.Bender

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Bosco on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:48 am

"Metro Medic 2 to TCM"

"TCM go ahead"

"Afternoon this is Bosco on Metro Medic-2 we are non-enroute emergent with a 65 y/o female pt. Pt is coming from home. Pt is complaining of chest pain, stated they started about an hour prior to ems arrival. She states pain is about a three out of 10. Pt, did take two nitro's prior to our arrival, we have gave two childrens tylenol. Pt. does have a heart histroy, having two heart attacks in the past. I also do have a meds list on board. I do have a IV started, 20 Guage cath in left A/C 1000 N/S TKO. Vitals are B/P 148/103 ,Pluse 96, Pulse ox was showing about 92% we do have the patient on N/C at 2 l/m. We are transporting in position of comfort. We have an eta of about three to five minutes. Do you have any further questions or orders?"

(five mins minutes later) *Nathan opens the rear doors and we walk the cot into the hospital. We are directed to Room 10 and I give my report to the nurse.*

J. Bosco

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Morrison on Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:45 am

* We wheel her in and the Trauma team takes her from us at the door. Bosco and Nathan walk over to the room she is taken to to get their stretcher while I deliver the Chart to th Charge Nurse.

Delivering Agency: Tri City Fire / Metro Ambulance
Patient Name: Donelle Clemensr=
Chief Complaint: Full Arrest Possible OD
Injuries: None
IV Started: Yes
Medicine: Epinepherine / Lidocaine
J.Morrison
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by W.Story on Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:25 pm

* The nurses take him and walk him into a treatment room. I walk over to the nurses area and drop off what little paperwork we did for this call. *

Delivering Agency: Tri City Fire Department
Patient Name: Alfred Tome
Chief Complaint: Finger amputation
Injuries: LT Hand
Medicine: MS .5mg

W.Story

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Morrison on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:20 pm

* We wheel her in and a truma team take her to a room away from us. Britany goes with them to retrieve our Stretcher and I head over to the Nurses station. The head nurse looks at me with a horrified look on her face. *

' What? what the hell are you staring at? '

* She points to me shirt and i look down *

' Ahh dammit '

* My shirt is bloodsoaked from my chest to my stomach. *

Me: Sorry, its been one of those shifts.

Nurse: Dont worry I dont envy your job, Not something I could do.

* I take my Button Up Blouse off leaving my white Shirt only and hand in the report. *

Delivering Agency: Tri City Fire
Patient Name: Audrey Jackson
Chief Complaint: Multiple GSW's
Injuries: Several
Medicine Given: None
J.Morrison
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Bosco on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:48 am

"Metro Medic 2 to TCM"

"TCM go ahead"

"Afternoon this is Bosco on Metro Medic-2 we are enroute emergent with a 24 y/o female pt. Pt is coming from home. Pt, is seven months pregnant, pt has been stabbed multiple times in her area and is bleeding profuosly. I also do have a meds list on board. I do have two iv's started, 14 Guage cath in left A/C 1000 N/S full open. 14 guage cath in right A/C with 1000 Ringers full open Vitals are B/P 90/80 ,Pluse 125, Pulse ox wasn't showing a O2 Sat, I have the patient on a NRB at 15 l/m. We are transporting in position of comfort. We have an eta of about three to five minutes. Do you have any further questions or orders?"

(five mins minutes later) *Nathan opens the rear doors and we walk the cot into the hospital. We are directed to Room 1 and I give my report to the nurse.*

J. Bosco

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Bosco on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:35 pm

"Metro Medic 2 to TCM"

"TCM go ahead"

"Afternoon this is Bosco on Metro Medic-2 we are enroute non-emergent with a 24 y/o female pt. Pt is coming from home. Pt, 18 guage cath in left A/C with 1000 N/S TKO Vitals are B/P 90/80 ,Pluse 98, Pulse ox was showing 89% we have the patient on three liters. We are transporting in position of comfort. We have an eta of about three to five minutes. Do you have any further questions or orders?"

(five mins minutes later) *Nathan opens the rear doors and we walk the cot into the hospital. We are directed to Room 10 and I give my report to the nurse.*

J. Bosco

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Bosco on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:20 pm

"Metro Medic 2 to TCM"

"TCM go ahead"

"Afternoon this is Bosco on Metro Medic-2 we are enroute non-emergent with a 56 y/o male pt. Pt is coming from home. Pt, 18 guage cath in left A/C with 1000 Ringers TKO Vitals are B/P 110/80 ,Pluse 98, Pulse ox was showing 89% we have the patient on three liters. We are transporting in position of comfort. We have an eta of about three to five minutes. Do you have any further questions or orders?"

(five mins minutes later) *Nathan opens the rear doors and we walk the cot into the hospital. We are directed to Room 22 and I give my report to the nurse.*

"Metro Medic 2 is back available and enroute quaters."

J. Bosco

Back to top Go down

Post by J. Bosco on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:33 am

" Medic 10 to TCM"

"TCM go ahead"

"Afternoon this is Bosco on Medic 10 we are enroute non-emergent with a male pt. Pt is coming from home. Pt, 18 guage cath in left A/C with 1000 N/S TKO Vitals are B/P 110/80 ,Pluse 98, Pulse ox was showing 89% we have the patient on three liters. We are transporting in position of comfort. We have an eta of about three to five minutes. Do you have any further questions or orders?"

(five mins minutes later) *Reagan opens the rear doors and we walk the cot into the hospital. We are directed to Room 2 and I give my report to the nurse.*

"Medic 10 is gonna be enroute to the officer down."

J. Bosco

Back to top Go down

Post by R.Bender on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:36 pm

* After I get set I grab some bandages and get the GSW patched up seeing the IV fluids and the O2 is helping a little I look up and see we aren't that far. I grab the radio in the back and get ready for my report.*

" Tri City ER this is Medic-10........Go ahead Medic-10.

Good day This is Reagan aboard Medic-10 we are en-route to your location with a 32 yr old male GSW to the lower right abdominal region and multiple blunt force trauma to the head. Patients' vitals are currently BP: 100/70 pulse: 50 and thready, resp: 8. Skin: Pale and sweaty. Patient is currently fully immobilized, have him on NRB: 15 lpm, and have two lines one of 1000 NS at TKO the other LR 1000 TKO. we are currently about 3 minutes out. Any further questions or orders?
ER copies room will be trauma-1"
( At arrival)
* We unload the patient out of the back and head inside to the ER. I watch again as the Trauma helps get the patient in and I give my report to the nurse and the doctor, they have a tired but shocked look on there face from who the patient is and they get going and get the RSI kit out and the intubation kit ready so they can send him to the OR quickly*
' Good lord this is a mess'
* As soon as the backboard gets moved I pull the cot out of the way and head out by the nurses station as we gather all of the gear back together and then head out the truck.*

R.Bender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:37 pm

* We walk in with the patient on the stretcher. The nurses know abouthim and quickly wisk him off with the Goodhew attendant, I walk up and drop off some Patient information at the front desk. *

Back to top Go down

Post by R.Bender on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:52 pm

* We pull off of scene and we start heading toward the building.*
" Tri City ER this is Medic-10 we are enroute to your location with one male patient approx age of 30. Was involved in a MVA with frontal impact patient is complaining of chest pain and is not remembering any events of the accident patient is responsive and we have him packaged with board and collar also got a iv with NS at TKO and O2 with NRB at 12 we are currently 2 minutes from location any further?"

( At arrival)
* John opens the door and I dc the o2 and put the patient on the cot O2 and then hang the IV on the cot stand and make sure the monitor is on the cot. We head in and the nurse at the desk points us to exam room 12 which is down the hall. I shake my head and we get him the room and get switched over to the ER bed and I give my report to the Nurse and then head back out with John and grab the patient info sticker the nurse had printed out for us.*

" Medic-10 clear and available"
Delivering Agency: TCES FD
Patient Name: John
Chief Complaint: MVA, Spinal Injury
Medical Concerns: See above
Allergies: Unknown
Medication Given: NS via IV TKO, O2 NRB
Notes: patient is packaged on board and collar

R.Bender

Back to top Go down

Post by L.Campbell on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:28 pm

" Medic-10 from Fire...... If you guys are available can you respond to Rocky County as Support with Rocky County Fire and Tri-City Copter 3 for a Possible Technical rescue of a man in the River victim of a Motorcycle Accident. Check your MDC for Dispatch Details. "

Back to top Go down

Post by D. Lafferty on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:11 pm

"Tri City Medic 12 to TCM"

"TCM go ahead"

"This is Dave on Medic 12 we are enrout with a 22 y/o male pt. Pt is coming from home. EMS was called to the scene for a overdose on an unkown amount of hydros. Pt was A/O upon arrival I do have a IV started, 18 Guage cath in left A/C 1000 N/S TKO. Vitals are B/P 120/90 ,Pluse 85, Pulse Ox was showing about 89% percent room air. Patient is on 2 L/M via N/C. We are transporting in position of comfort. We have a non-emergent eta of about three to five minutes. Do you have any further questions or orders?"

(Seven mins minutes later) *Gray opens the rear doors and we walk the cot into the hospital. We are directed to Room 8 and I give my report to the nurse.*

*I finish my PCR, and leave a copy at the hospital and pick up my face sheet. I then walk back to the truck and get in the passenger seat.*

"Medic 12 is back available."

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Morrison on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:54 am

* The rookie pulls us into the drive through. Mark gets out and unlatches the stretcher. he starts to bring it out and i follow ehind him. the Hostpial teal meets us at the door and takes the stretcher from us. Mark follows it in and I walk back to get the bags for a resupply. *

" Fire Medic-17 will be at TCM for resupply. "
J.Morrison
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N. Brondum on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:54 pm

*Jack pulls us up and stops at the curb of the ER, away from the doors so that we're out of EMS's way and Marcus can still find us. When he does, he and Jack switch seats as we he'd back to quarters.*
N. Brondum

Back to top Go down

Post by B.O'Flynn on Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:13 pm

* I walk in behind the ambulance crew and our patient and walk up to the nurses desk. They are all smiling at me seeing the heap I just rode in. *

' Uh huh laugh it up giggles. just be happy ur in here and not out there. '

* We all laugh for a moment before I hand in my paperwork to them, Log in my entries into their database sheets and walk over to get a pup can of soda from their fridge. *

B.O'Flynn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top